Tuesday, 6 March 2012
Recently, I had a little bit of a situation and unfortunately have misplaced my Blackberry. The good news is that I know for a fact nobody found it and is using it, because it was misplaced in a field in which people wouldn't ever be in anyways. Also, I my Blackberry was password protected and after 10 incorrect password entries, the phone wipes all of the data on it. This gives me a peace of mind that nobody will find my phone, and that if anyone ever does, they will not be able to use it. On a side note, there is a feature on blackberry called " Blackberry protect" in which you register your device with RIM's online database and extra security will be added to it. Anytime you lose your phone, you can log on from any computer and access your phone wirelesly. You can wipe your phone, lock your phone, turn off your phone, send an email to it with your contact information to get it returned, and if it is a GPS enabled phone, then it can even send you an e-mail of a map showing the location of your phone. Unfortunately I didn't have this enabled, however I have learned my lesson and realize how useful the Blackberry Protect feature really is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have gone through a few different blackberries in the last year. From the old curve to the 9780 and more recently to the new 9900 and to me the blackberry protect is a very important feature to me. It allows me to know that I can wipe out all my information without the person who may have my phone from seeing it.
ReplyDelete